Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Actual Knitting Content Ahead

Three posts in three days; that must be some sort of record for me. But I promised that I would show my current knitting so you wouldn't think it had been totally abandoned for other ventures.

Here are the sleeves for the sweater, nearly finished.

The back is nearly done and now the sleeves. I'm still anticipating having to rework the shoulder shaping and sleeve tops. Because remember I am not using the yarn for which the pattern is written. I am using wool instead of Rowan Denim. Rowan Denim is supposed to shrink lengthwise. In the body of the sweater, that's not a problem. Simply knit to a shorter length, but it may be a problem in shoulder shaping. We'll see soon.

And see, I have been working on my socks for the Sensational Knitted Socks KAL.

The pink is actually a bit brighter in person, but you get the idea. I love these socks. Maybe I'll actually even finish one day.

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Happy New Year, Alison! Your sweater sleeves look gorgeous. I can't wait to see how the whole sweater comes together- it's going to be so stunning! And I love your socks, too! Such pretty colors and I really like the way that the pattern and the colors pop. Take care and I'll be back soon to catch up with all the posts I've missed! :-)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That sweater is just beautiful! Brilliant to do it in wool instead of denim :)

LOve the socks too!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love those socks!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home