Monday, January 09, 2006

Multi-talented

Or just way too much time on my hands? This is my first miniature doll.

She's been finished for a while, but I just hadn't found time to put her hair on. I need to work a little more on my heads, the face just isn't quite right, but it's pretty good for a first attempt. (When I say first attempt, I mean that this was the first one that I thought was good enough to actually make into a doll. I have many more heads.) I'm pretty happy with the dressing; the fabric is a synthetic, so it doesn't drape quite as well as if it was silk or even cotton.

This one's a little blurry, but you can see the bustle and hair. She's dressed circa 1860's/1870's walking dress. She's a 1/12 scale doll which means 1 inch=1 foot. I have to come up with a name for her.

My knitting is pretty much the same - same socks, same sweater. I swear I'll post actual knitting photos when I accomplish something. Until then, I might be getting the Fimo out and make a few more dolls.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she's quite lovely, however I think she'd be better with a pair of knitting neeldes and project in her hand. :-)

Oh or maybe a miniature drop spindle and some roving.

Hey I'm a knitter, I'm addicted.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love bustles... why, oh why don't they come back into style...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

she's a classic! :)

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you made that head out of fimo?! Face and all?! It's wonderful! I love the way the face looks, just a bit aloof.

8:08 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Excellent! She has a wonderful character.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is amazing. You really do wonderful work! Oh how I love dolls.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hard thing about naming her is that whatever name you use, you shouldn't repeat with another doll! There are so many classic names... Elizabeth, Emma, Esther, Caroline, Ileta, Eileen, Rebekah, Lena, Juanita. My daughter is Emeline, which is such an old name. Sara is a good one. She reminds me of Sara Plain and Tall (sorry, I know you didn't actually ask for help with this!). I was going to ask, but now I see in another comment that the face and hands are made from FIMO?!! Wow. That is really awesome!! Makes me want to try it now. :)

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home