Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Having just posted that I plan to finish a few things before starting anything new, I just signed up for the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. You pick a challenging project, cast on during the opening ceremonies, knit like mad for 16 days and cast off before the end of the closing ceremonies.



Well, I do hope to finish the sweater and a baby blanket before then. (Yes, I haven't yet started on the baby blanket, but that's beside the point.)

I haven't quite decided on the project but I'm considering the sampler shawl from Folk Shawls or another shawl. I know crazy because I already have three shawls going, but I could finish. It's two whole weeks. Right?

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee... are we all mad? Has Steph sucked us into her insane knitting world? Why, yes...

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two weeks!! That's crazy talk!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I just love shawls. I'm definitely in shawl mode myself. My new goal is to eventually spin myself some yarn and make a shawl the first handspun project of mine.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, I have been sucked in too- I am gonna try to knit Knitty's sitcom chic, which is no small order- I who hardly ever finishes sweaters- Nevermind that its supposed to be an easy knit.....

1:40 PM  
Blogger chris said...

You knit so fast, you can totally do it! At the snail's pace I knit at, I don't think I'd even make the qualifying round in the Knitting Olympics. ;-) Can't wait to see your shawl and baby blanket! Take care, Alison! :-)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Alison, you should absolutely finish those UFO's, especially Madli's and the Faux Russian...they are so beautiful!

I didn't enter Stephanie's Knitting Olympics cause youre supposed to knit something that will be a challenge...that would be colorwork for me but everyone I knit for lives in climates way too warm for stranded knitting! I would LOVE to knit a Dale sweater but I draw the line at Dale sweaters for charity! I just be a spectator for this one :)

3:46 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Alison, you can do it. Do I hear the sound of those knitting needles hard at work :-)

Most of my UFOs are sewing related projects but now that I'm nurturing a desire to weave I can only imagine where this will lead.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

so that was what this button is all about.....hmm....hmmmmmm........

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home