Saturday, January 14, 2006

Unfinished Projects of 2005

On my last post, Snow commented, "You're such a productive girl with the sweater and the socks and the pretty dolls." In the spirit of honesty, I feel I must disclose the knitting projects that were started in 2005, but were not finished. (In other words, many of these projects were put aside for other projects. The doll was one; she had been finished for months except for her hair.) I plan to finish a few of these objects before starting anything else new. (For the record, baby blankets that need to be made VERY soon are not included in the "I will not start anything new" category.) Here are the UFOs in the order which I plan to finish them:

The Lizzie Sweater
The second Mosaic Sock
Landscape Shawl
Faux Russian Stole
The mate to the Child's First Shell Sock (Right now it is visiting with the unfinished shawls in their basket.)
Madli's Shawl

I think that's it, but I may very well be forgetting something. There is a bit more to the Faux Russian and Madli shawls than in the pictures. Although there are so many projects in my queue, I'll be good. I'm going to finish a few of my UFOs, then I'm going to find projects for some of my handspun.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow, you have a lot of shawls in the works!

10:45 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Good for you for finishing your UFO's! I still have a few languishing from 2005, too. Your shawls look beautiful...looking forward to seeing them. Take care and have a great weekend! :-)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Yah, this is where I'm at too. I feel obliged to at least finish enough to be able to see the top edge of my knitting basket. I haven't seen the bottom for years (except for when stealing needles for new projects!)

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding projects for my handspun is never easy for me. I have a whole bin full of handspun waiting to be knit up!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH OOH I saw "Alison" & "A Shawl" on the Knitters Olympic page & thought, "MUST be our Alison". I'm thinking of going for the Gold myself but haven't yet picked my event. -- Gail

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to compliment you on your Mosaic sock, it looks a lot like the ones I just finished...see here. I commend you on putting a list together of UFOs--I'm too chicken to even make a list.

trish
www.randomthreads.com

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home