Friday, January 20, 2006

Officially on a Yarn & Roving Diet

Would you like to know why?

My new merino rovings, four ounces of each. When I told Delia of The Fiber Denn the color rovings that I wanted, her reply was that those colors were so "Alison". Now, where on earth would she ever get the idea that I liked pinks, purples and blues? I ask you, have I ever knit anything in those particular colors? :)

I couldn't quite capture the richness of the colors; they look a bit washed out in the picture to me.
Here is a close-up of the one on the far left:

And the one on the far right:

Aren't they gorgeous! She does beautiful work, doesn't she?

I really wish I had more bobbins for my Ashford, because Kim's Black Cherry merino/angora is currently on the wheel. Sorry for the bad picture, it was the best one out of many.

Since I usually spin laceweight, it is going to take quite a while. My "diet" is on until I finish a few things or until the Maryland Sheep and Wool, whichever comes first.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, it can't be too bad to be on a fiber diet, knowing what awaits! The colors are spectacular.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. It should keep you busy for a while!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful. So what kind of Ashford do you have, I'm considering ordering the Traditional.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

i hope it has a nice handle to it. thank you, alison!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the roving.. I would pick out colors like those myself. I have been condsidering getting a wheel, but all I can afford in terms of space and portability due to the big upcoming dissertation road trip is the Babe Pinkie....

2:24 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Well it's really only half of a diet when you consider that you get to indulge in playing with all those wonderful fibers.

Delia's rovings are beautiful.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

I'm finding that dietary restrictions on fiber may not be healthy:)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

Oh my, that is some seriously beautiful roving! I am so impressed!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home