Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yarn Diet Busted

Anyone who has ever been on a diet knows how hard it is to keep to the diet when people keep waving wonderful goodies in your face. So, I'm calling the yarn/fiber diet off. I just can't fight the call of all the lovely fibers anymore. Or the call of a new project. (The diet lasted all of what, two weeks?) I finished the sweater and am working steadily on the Landscape Shawl. So what if I started a little something else.

I mean who could resist this yarn? This is the beginnings of the now-famous Clapotis with the Peppermint Stick laceweight from The Fiber Denn. Since the pattern calls for size 8 needles and worsted weight yarn, I am using size 5 needles and I will just do a few more increases, so it should work out. I think it shows off the pooling quite nicely. Instead of using markers, I'm purling the stitches to be dropped which is why you'll notice a little pucker. I'm quite looking forward to dropping the stitches. On purpose.

Last night, I received this yarn.

It is 6300 yards of Infinity laceweight soy silk from South West Trading Company in natural and is quite lovely. It is actually more creamy yellowish tan than in the picture, but it's more of a neutral color than warm. It is very thin, thinner than Zephyr if that gives you an idea. I think some of it might be dyed, but I just may use some of it natural. (There's 6300 yards of the stuff!) I did some test/model-knitting (more on that later) and this was my compensation. Will knit for yarn:)

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow.

*boggle*

That's a lotta soysilk!

The Clap start looks lovely!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That will be a very pretty clapotis.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

one day, i'll get to clapotis, one day..

mmmm....cobweb lace.....you do such intricate work!

1:01 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Oh my, what fine yarn you have there...A LOT of fine yarn. I'm sure what ever project you decide on will be beautiful as always.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Wow! That's a lotta yarn!

And I've never been to the Fibre Den - uh oh, another source of pretty hand dyed yarn!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diets are for fat people!! ;)
Oh I need to find the right yarn for my first clapotis-yours is gorgeous.

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get back to work, slacker.

Fuz.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home