Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sweater is Almost Done

The sweater is just about done.

From top to bottom in the picture, the sleeves, the two fronts and the back. I only pressed the piece edges with an iron and damp cloth so they would be easier to sew. Here's a picture of just the back.

I'm going to work on the belt while the pieces dry completely, then sew it together and do the button-band (something I've never done before). That's assuming the pieces all fit together like they should. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have I ever mentioned how much I don't like sewing my knitting together? And that's not even taking into account all those loose ends besides the sewing. *SIGH*

More pictures and specs on the project when it is completely done.

13 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Holy gorgeousness!! Your sweater pieces look SO beautiful!! I can't wait to see it all sewn up. I'm not a fan of seaming or weaving in loose ends, either, but looking at something that beautiful would sure give me incentive to do it! Take care! :-)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, it sure looks like they should go together well! How lovely. You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a sweater looks that good blocking in pieces, it is going to make a wonderfully stunning garmet!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Prachi said...

Keeping fingers crossed, as you mentioned: I hate sewing pieces together because there always is that annoying half-centimeter that seems off. You finished this one pretty quickly, didn't you? It looks lovely, really lovely.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks super!

You are brave to sew all that stuff together- I always try to knit in the round if I can (I still fear set-in sleeves)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

*draw a deep breath* you have any idea how beautiful those pieces look? the chart must have been complicated...

keep ploughing! you're nearing the end!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Wow ... they are beautiful. And I know that you are really brave too ... not using denim yarns for denim pattern! Wish you all the luck with the Finishing Fairy! ;)

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pieces look gorgeous!! You're almost done now!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

Wow, it looks incredible. I never fear assembly...probably because my learning curve was on other people's pieces! LOL I can't wait to see it on...it really is beautiful.

2:51 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous Alison.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is stunning. I can't wait to see it sewn up.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

That will look beautiful when sewn up ( I HATE sewing up too) it will be worth the effort.

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home