Monday, February 06, 2006

Surprise!

When postman rang the doorbell Friday, I couldn't imagine why. I had gotten all the packages I was expecting. Amazon.com had already arrived. My White Lies patterns are here. I recognize that return address. Hmm, what could it be?


How beautiful is this yarn? (As usual, the pictures just don't do it justice!) I've been spinning a bit this week, trying to finish some of the Black Cherry merino/angora so I could dig into my merino from The Fiber Denn and she sends me this. She had no idea that my kids and I had been sick all week and had not left the house. We were going stir crazy and were tired and grumpy. And this brightened my whole week.

I know I said it when my rovings arrive, but she does beautiful work! Absolutely wonderful! I love handpainted yarns. I know they drive some people batty with the way they pool, but not me. I love it. I've been working on my Landscape Shawl and it just fascinates me to watch how the colors work on each row. Will they pool in the same area on the next row or will the pooling be broken up? It keeps my attention even though the stitch patterns are simple.

Now to find patterns to highlight my lovely new yarn. Thank you so much!

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

How fun! I'm glad you got something so fabulous to brighten your week.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. I love pooling yarns too, there's just something fun and unexpected about it. A little whimsy in a life that's not very whimsical.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love handpainted yarns. Thet're like a little piece of art!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Landscape is being done in KnitPicks alpaca shimmer lace yarn- and yours??
The yarn is beautiful btw- and I too love varigated yarn- its just so much fun to see what will eventually come of it....

7:56 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your new yarn is absolutely gorgeous!! What great timing, too. I was at home with sick kids this week, too, so I feel your pain. Take care! :-)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

yay, so glad you like them!

1:00 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Delia does an excellent job with her hand-dyes. Beautiful.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Prachi said...

I'm curious about the clapotis on a smaller gauge. I too want to use some laceweight I have, and will be following your progress. It's a lovely colour and am drooling over those shades....

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home