Sunday, March 05, 2006

Landscape Shawl


Yes, folks, every one of those darned picots are pinned out. That took forever! Another view:

And a closeup (the pictures really do not show off the texture very well):

Specs
Pattern: Landscape Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark from Fiber Trends
Needle size: 4
Yarn: Handpainted Zephyr from Furr Yarns
Finished size: Around 37 inches from bottom point to top and about 75 inches across the top
Started: October 2005
Comments: I will definitely do the pattern again. It is a very simple pattern. Each section is different (garter stitch, seed, stockinette, moss, and reverse stockinette) and all show off the handpainted yarn very well. This pattern is written so that any weight yarn from laceweight to worsted can be used.

Remember the lovely roving from Fiber Denn? I plan to spin the roving on the left and navajo ply it to maintain the colors. If I have enough, I will definitely use it for another Landscape Shawl.

Now, I'm working on the Mystery Project and Bella. Bella is going pretty quickly, so I might even have something else to show soon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It's completely stunning!! Wow. Altho I think I would've gone insane pinning out picot...

How much yarn did it take?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

It's lovely.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it- you have inspired me to get cracking on my shawl

1:13 PM  
Blogger AmyArtisan said...

The shawl is gorgeous! I may have to try that pattern. I just did my 1st lace shawl - the Capri from Morehouse Farms - & really enjoyed it.

2:12 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your shawl is gorgeous!! You're so right- each of the sections really show off the beauty of the handpainted yarn. And I take my hat off to you for pinning out each of the picots, too! ;-) Beautiful, beautiful work- the shawl is truly stunning. Take care, Alison! :-)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I really like the basic shawls, I hope to knit more of then in my future.

11:04 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Great Job! Love that pattern.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful-you do great work.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's beautiful Alison but I don't envy your back having toe pin all those picots! You should consider making it in cotton or linen next time to see how much easier it can be!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home