Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Spinning

I have spun the first ounce of my Black Cherry roving from The Woolen Rabbit.


The second picture is a little more color accurate, though the red specks are actually a bit brighter in real life. It is gorgeous stuff and so soft! Since it took me so long to spin up the first ounce, my plan is to spin another ounce onto another bobbin and to let it "rest" for a week or so while I play with my merino from The Fiber Denn. Then I'll ply the Black Cherry and see how much I have. I'm hoping I spun thin enough to make 500 yards because I've got two more ounces and that would mean I would have enough for this. If not, I'll come up with something to use it for, but I really want to make Melanie's pattern sometime.

What do you think of the new IK? I found a couple of things sort of cute, but nothing really stood out for me. That's probably a good thing as my queue is already a mile long.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The yarn looks yummy!

I haven't peeked into the new IK yet - it just arrived yesterday and I'm saving it for a break later.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job with the black cherry. I hope you have enough for that stole, it would be a great match. I can never figure out how much yardage I'm getting while spinning: either I get lucky and have enough or I don't, I can't figure out how to plan ahead like that.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

from what i've seen of the new IK, not too much of interest. in fact, i haven't really seen too much of interest in any of the new mags - including rowan. but as you said, my to do list is also very, very long - so i don't need any more temptations!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous spinning!

1:06 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Your Black Cherry is beautiful! I don't have a subscription to IK yet, so I'll have to wait till next week to get my hands on it. I've heard similar opinions on other blogs, though, so I'm already wondering whether or not it's worth buying. Take care, Alison! :-)

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slacker.

11:41 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

I hope you have enough because that pattern in black cherry will be gorgeous.

I spun up my autumn spice (woolen rabbit) but have not chosen a project yet.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning is LOVELY! The yarn and stole should be perfect together!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home