Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Dreaming

I am definitely a fibernut. I dreamed about fiber last night. I don't remember the entire dream too well, but I was in some store that wouldn't ordinarily have fiber, like a bath and linen store, and I found some fiber hidden away in a corner. It was a lovely colorway in pinks and greys (similar to the lovely Concord worsted weight that Delia sent to me). It was pencil thin, so just asking to be spun into laceweight. So not only do I drool over the stuff I find online, I have to drool over stuff in my dreams. I've broken the yarn diet, but I do need to finish a couple of rovings before I purchase more fiber. And I have to keep in mind that the Maryland Sheep and Wool is a mere 2-1/2 months away. (I will not break down and purchase the camel silk or the cashmere silk from Crown Mountain Fibers. I will not break down.)

Question for bloggers: Can anyone tell me how to do the cool percentage bars everyone has on their blogs? Just drop me an email to the address in the sidebar if you can help me. Thanks!

UPDATE: As you can see, I got an answer. Thank you to Chris for sending me to this site. Now everyone can see how many projects I have OTN. (At least the ones I'm willing to admit.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sound like pleasant dreams to me!! :)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Sounds like time to break the fiber diet to me! (I will use any excuse to buy more fiber, lol!)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I constantly dream about fiber, or in my dreams I take pictures of things for blogging. It's a bit scary.

Oh if you find out how people are doing that or if there's a website, can you post about it, I'd also love to have those on my sidebar.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

But the camel/silk is sooooooooooooo nice. :)
I can tell you all about the percentage bars. Shoot me an email.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

*G* fiberdreams...

1:49 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Yay! So glad it worked out! And it looks like you're making great progress on all of your projects, too. Take care, Alison! :-)

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH thank you for sharing the site, now I just need some time to update my site!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

apparently, i not only dream of yarn, but i actually talk in my sleep about it. apparently, i've been heard saying "the yarn is falling down" and seen waving my arms in the air. raining yarn, what a great dream!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

Go you, fiber diets are as hard as the real thing...sticking to it is so hard! Glad you got the percentage bars figured out. :-)

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home