Saturday, March 11, 2006

Beads

Keeping with Project Spectrum, here are some beads that I've used to make stitch markers, red and pink.


I'd like to clarify something. In my last post, I may have complained about the pattern from White Lies Designs a little too much and that actually wasn't my intention. The designer is talented and deserves credit for wonderful designs. I have more patterns from White Lies and there are more which I'll very likely purchase. I'm not upset with the pattern, but I am a little upset with myself because although I actually did a swatch for once, I didn't check length against my own body measurements carefully. I just used a tape measure and knit the inches that the pattern had written. And it was a little short for me. I realize that patterns cannot possibly be written for every body type out there and I am more than willing to adjust patterns where they need it for my body; I usually have to add a little to the armhole size and will be taking that into consideration with "take 2". I think anyone who knits garments should be able to adjust patterns to fit their own needs which means you can't always blindly follow the patterns as written.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rissa said...

Love the bead soup mixes. :-) I can't wait to see pictures of the stitch markers when they are done.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I didn't read your last post as negative to the designer - just frustration with the knitted object.

Those beads look very Project Spectrum. :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sharon J said...

I love those red beads - they're the same colours that I've used in my lounge. I've actually been thinking about getting something similar and making curtain tie-backs with them.

~Sharon

11:58 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Your pink and red beads are so pretty! I've fiddled with making stitch markers, but I can't quite get the hang of twisting those little wires. I love the end result, though! Bella really is a pretty pattern- looking forward to Take 2! ;-) Take care and have a great Sunday, Alison! :-)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Love those pretty beads!! Is there a craft you don't do Alison? LOL

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home