Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bella

Here is the finished Bella.

It really is a much brighter purple in real life, not quite as blue as the picture. It is made with Knitpicks Shine in Violet from the Bella pattern from White Lies Designs. I used size 7 needles. I think the sleeves are actually supposed to be a little shorter, but I like longer sleeves. The pattern was well-written; the only problem I had was that it was written for someone a little shorter than I am, so I lengthened it a little. I love the sweater, very comfortable and the stitch pattern is actually much better in person than a picture. And again the purple is much less blue. I really love this pattern.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I really like the way it joins at the top. Now you've got me looking at the White Lies Designs stuff, which is BAD!!!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Prachi said...

Oh, it's beeaauuutiful! seriously, it fits you so well too. that frogging and redoing was totally worth it for this result. it drapes very well around you indeed. i'm so glad you like it!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It looks fabulous on you!! Wow. I really like it. Hmm. Maybe I need one. :)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's lovely Alison! Beautifully knitted and looks stunning on you! Well done!

Did you have to change the gauge? Isn't Bella written for DK or Worsted? (of course I could get up off my lazy a** and go look, hehe)

Wear it well Alison!

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so pretty on you!! I love it. And I love the headless horseman shot, sister.
Great job.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison! It's gorgeous! It's perfect for spring. Love it!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful drape the fabric has, not boxy at all. It looks wonderful on you.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's absolutely beautiful!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bella is really pretty- really really pretty. I may have to out that pattern on my "to do" list.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Oh Bella! Gorgeous! What a good job you did! It's so pretty! I love the purple... You Go... :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

It's beautiful!. And the longer sleeves are so nice when you crook your elbow as they don't ride up to a mid place on the fore arm!

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bellissimo Bella! I am really happy to see your Bella, and to see how nice it looks on! Sometimes it is hard to judge from a picture with a sweater on a mannequin. It is on my "to do" list, after I finish a few other things.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home