Thursday, March 23, 2006

Laceweight Merino/Angora

As promised:

There you go, 2-ply laceweight merino/angora spun from some of the lovely stuff over at The Woolen Rabbit. Beautiful stuff and so soft! This is just two ounces; I have two more ounces waiting to be spun. I had hoped to have enough for this, so I would have needed at least 500 yards from this skein. I got over 800! (From just two ounces!) I know the picture is a bit blurry, but you can sort of see how thin it is. So needless to say I'll have enough for Melanie's lovely stole and then some. I put a lot of twist into the singles and there are a few spots I didn't quite get enough twist on the plying, but overall, it is mostly balanced. I can't wait to work with it. (I will not start a new project just yet. I will not start a new project.)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's stunning. Some day I hope to spin that fine!

12:43 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your merino/angora is gorgeous!! The color is so beautiful and I'm so impressed with your spinning skills. It must be amazing to have an FO knit out of yarn you've spun yourself! That Moondance stole is just beautiful- can't wait to see it knit up! Take care, Alison! :-)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

What gorgeous yarn!! The stole will look magnificent knitted up with this!!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your yarn is GORGEOUS. But I'm not sure you'll have enough to knit the cat in that picture...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

it must feel just heavenly*dreamy*beautiful spinning work there!

you will not start another project.....you will not start another project......:D

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, let me get this straight...you SPUN that?!! Wow. I'm awed. I've never, ever spun a laceweight like that. What skill!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed! I haven't spun anything since college, and all of that was super-bulky. The idea of spinning something that fine is mind-boggling! Nice work.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how gorgeous that is!! I'm speechless. Of course, I'm in my lace phase and just love lacey yarn. Amazing!

4:12 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Beautiful! The stole will look great!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home