Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New Projects

Since I finished three things in just one week, my poor two UFOs were looking sort of lonely, so I had to start a couple of new projects. Check out the socks I'm making from that cool Trekking:

I love the way it's turning out, mostly purple, but with generous specks of other jewel tones - blues, pinks and greens. It's color 78 if you're interested. (Me, enable? Never!) (Edit: The pattern is Chevron from Sensational Knitted Socks, p. 73. I meant to put it in the original post. Knew I forgot something:)

And this:

Doesn't really look like much right now, but that's my own handspun! It's the merino/angora from The Woolen Rabbit. The pattern is the Moon Dance Stole. I'm so exited because this is the first time I've actually used my handspun for a project. The stuff is so delightful to work with, so soft, like a cloud. Absolutely wonderful!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

What pattern are you using for that stunning sock?! I MUST know. :)

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh beautiful, isn't it fun using your own handspun for a project. Now I know why people who spin are so passionate about their craft. I guess I shoudl say our craft.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

*peering into the colors and sts* this is beeeautiful!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh they both look so wonderful! You should be proud of that yarn-it looks so soft.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your handspun is beautiful, and the Moon Dance stole is perfect for it! Your color selections and pattern selections are winners! Are you sharing the sock pattern?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

your shawl is going to be beautiful. what an accomplishment to be able to use your own homespun!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I love the sock you are working on. The Trekking is great. I enjoy your site.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home