Saturday, April 08, 2006

Four Weeks!

Scroll down and see the new friend I "adopted". Since I probably shouldn't come back from the Sheep and Wool with an angora bunny, I adopted Daisy (so named by my daughters).

The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is a mere 4 weeks away! Wanna see what I'm NOT getting? Gorgeous aren't they? I saw them last year and was so impressed. I didn't know how to use a wheel then though, so I may actually get to sit at one this year. I'll settle for another of his gorgeous spindles. I'm definitely getting a Sweetheart and I'm thinking about a Butterfly as well. I have the smaller Celtic Knot (scroll down on the butterfly link) and it spins so wonderfully. Worth every penny.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, come on, why not get an angora bunny? You can housetrain bunnies...

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those wheels and spindles are so gorgeous. I've had a simple spindle for a while now and just learned how to spin with it last night-I love it! I'm certainly drooling over that celtic knot.

1:02 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Ack! I've missed so much! Your Bella is just gorgeous! Such a perfect fit and so flattering, too. Fantastic job on those calculations! And I love your scarf!! Your lace is beautiful and that Tide Pool is my favorite color in the Alpaca Cloud line. Your socks look wonderful, too. I'd never heard of a forethought heel till I read your post. I'd love to learn more- I really need to pick up that book! I haven't ventured into spinning, but I've heard that it can be very addicting- all your handspun stuff is gorgeous. Thank you so much for all your support and good wishes this past week- it really meant a lot to me. Hope all is well with you.. take care, Alison! :-)

4:21 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

The wheels are stunning. Thanks for linking the page. Yummy!

Golding's dear little Sweetheart is on my list, too. I have the heavier purpleheartwood spindle and love it. Oh Yes, they are worth every penny.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home