Monday, April 24, 2006

Another Almost Finished Pair

Here is one sock:

The really sad thing is that I'd have a finished pair, but idiot that I am I messed up the gusset on the first sock. See how in the first picture below the gusset is much shorter than the second? (You can click on each photo to make it bigger.)

Somehow, I did only decrease gusset rows without the knit round between. So the gusset is much shorter than it should be and much tighter. So, I have to take the foot of the first sock back out to the gusset. *Sigh* I'd get so much more done if I did it right the first time. Oh, well.

Since I've decided that I really like heel flaps better than the after/forethought heels and short row heels, I wanted to do that on these socks, but not break up the pattern, so I used some black for the heels and toes. I wish it had been more of a charcoal like in the striping yarn, but it was true black. I think it looks okay though. The foot shouldn't take too long to re-do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rebekah said...

I think the sock looks great with the black heel and toe, had you not pointed o ut the color difference, I wouldn't have really noticed.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I think it looks fine, and if you had said nothing about it, I wouldn't have even noticed.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think the black ties into the little geometric black bits just fine!

I picked up a tip recently, altho I've already forgotten the blog - use the other end of the skein to do the heels. I'm definitely going to check it out!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I think they are gorgeous! Very bold and dramatic, I don't think they black is a problem at all!

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home