Thursday, April 20, 2006

New Interweave Knits Preview

I've been disappointed with my last couple of issues of Interweave Knits. Not that they were horrible, just nothing spoke to me. The Summer Preview is up and I think I'm going to like this issue. There are several cute summer tops - the Looking Glass Top, Thorn & Thistle Twinset, Evening Star Top, Bias Corset, Fairy Net Blouse, Brioche Bodice, and the Bonita Shirt.

And there are the Bazaar Socks and the Icarus Shawl. (Yes, I know, Jody, I still have the Madli Shawl on the needles, or off the needles since I needed that needle for something else:) I will not start another shawl until the three I currently have on the needles are done. I say nothing about more socks or summer tops though.

My Yarn Focus Challenge is in serious danger. What with all the cute tops I need for summer and self-striping sock yarns I need to try. Tell me I can make it until the Maryland Sheep & Wool. It's only just over two weeks away. Please tell me I can make it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You can make it! You are strong! You are invincible! Hear you roar!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion, Madli seems much more interesting than Icarus, for what it's worth. Please let me know if you need another set of needles for Madli and I'll put some in the mail, pronto. There are some super cute tops in this issue, but since it isn't coming out til May 16, the temptation shouldn't be too strong on that front. Resist the sock yarn for two weeks.

Be strong.

Oh, and you should spell my name right, or I might not like you any more. ;)

JodY

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make it! It's only two weeks, then you can go hog wild, besides the less you spend now the more you have to spend then.

I'm too excited about the new Interweave, it looks like a good one!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I can make it (and I am so far), you can too!

Mindy
sharppointysticks.typepad.com

5:03 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I'm torn between telling you you can do it and urging you to knit that corset so that I can see it.... :)

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the new Interweave-there are some really gorgeous things in there.
Hang in there, you can do it. If not, that's ok too. :)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

I agree, this is the best IK in a long time! And living in Florida, I'm totally chuffed!

I do however think I have stash yarn for some of them! YAY!

(Besides I already used my April day to buy some gorgeous All Seasons Cotton for a stunning Adrienne Vittadini Cabled Shell!!)

I'm gonna try REALLY HARD to hold out til July 15 now so the least you can do is hold out TWO WEEKS! :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home