Monday, May 08, 2006

Stash Enchancement at the MDS&W, Part II

I'm feeling a bit more human today. I'm still tired, but I've got goodies to show. I swore I wouldn't let myself get too much purple and pink at the S&W this year. I was kidding myself. These hairsticks are the only thing that didn't have purple or pink anywhere. (Click on any picture to make it larger.)

I was actually quite disappointed not to find a lot of laceweight. I only found a little bit of sock yarn that I liked. It was, in fact, the only sheep's wool I got.

The one on the right will be socks for my mother. I'm casting on today and hope to finish them before she leaves.

I got mostly silk this year. Lots of silk. I had never spun silk before, but for some reason the silks called to me. The sheen and the softness, the way it drapes even unspun. I figured silk was perfect to spin on my new spindle. The pink/purple and the purple/teal, two ounces each, are from The Flock Bransonas.







Four ounces of chocolate alpaca with multi-colored tussah top from Shadeside Farm. The picture just doesn't do it justice. It's called "Marvelle" and it has purple, magenta, and blue.


And here's four ounces of bamboo top. I was having trouble deciding between two and my friend told me "You know you want the one with the purple". It's very silk-like and soft.

I also got a couple of soaps - lavender mint and lavender cinnamon. So even my soaps have purple in them. All in all, it was a good day. Lots of nice fiber, lots of nice people. I didn't spend too much and I even bought everything that "spoke" to me.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bamboo top, that's so cool! That's my favorite out of all the rovings you got, I just love the colors.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that roving is gorgeous, the colors, and I can only imagine the touch. Looks like you had a fabulous time, but then again I never doubted anyeone wouldn't have a fabulous time at that festival.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Yummy stuff you got there grrl!!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you got some gorgeous stuff!! I just love that new spindle. I'm just a tad bit jealous. I can't wait to hear how spinning silk goes.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get back to work already. Sheesh.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O man the rovings you got are gorgeous! You will have to update on how the bamboo spins up.... I am sad and glad simultaneously that I no longer live close enough to the MDSW...

5:01 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

may i please ask who you bought the hair sticks from?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Really pretty silks! It was great meeting you there. I hope you had a great day.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Starweaver said...

Seeing your chocolate Alpaca/Silk mix makes me wish I had bought some.

Great purchases!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

the hair pin is lovely! i love hair pins :)

your stash BOOMED o/night...hehheh...very pretty colors! :)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Those silks look absolutely divine.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home