Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Knitter Can Never Have Too Many Bags

First of all, the important stuff. A new pair of socks:

The specs: K2, P2 leg done on size 0s with Trekking yarn

You know how the Friends of the Library always sell stuff to support the library? Well, our "Friends" sell bags. They've been selling these canvas bags for at least the last couple of years in different variations. Sometimes they have zippers, sometimes they are a little bit different sizes and sometimes they have different colors. These bags are pretty decent quality as evidenced by the fact that I use a particular one to carry books back and forth to the library every single week (we check out a LOT of books) and it is still holding up well. They sell these bags for a mere five dollars each. How can you beat that for good bags while supporting the public library?

I was emptying a couple of my bags to take with me on Saturday, so I thought I'd show a picture. (The black one is my newest.) So if you see somebody with long dark blonde hair (probably in a braid) carrying around one (or more) of these bags on Saturday, it just might just be me. Especially if the someone is also wearing this.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true. A knitter can never have too many socks, either! Great job on the blue socks. I wish I could go to Maryland, waaaah!
I hang a lot of cloth bags right behind my front door to take to groceries. It has actually helped me avoid using a plastic bag for pretty much the last two years.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

you're coughing up socks like no body's business!LOL....i'm so impressed and inspired....

yeah, true, never too many bags and bags are good...hehe....

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the library! In Iowa, you can get a free library card to any library no matter where you live, at least it used to be that way. But here in Illinois, because we live in a little dinky town that doesn't have a library, and have to go to the town I work in, I can't get a library card without paying $200 a year! It's insane!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot, I love the socks!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Love these socks! I'm so jealous, shop lots for me Alison!

2:55 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Bags and socks...I agree...never to many. Your's look great and I love the "Bella", you are certainly getting your projects on and off the needles.

Hope to see you at Maryland sheep and Wool. I don't know what I'm wearing yet, they keep playing around with the weather report.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Socks good.....

I love the purple bag!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow, these socks are so gorgeous, and it seems you are a true speed-knitter, great!
And I do love the bags - you're right, a girl can never have too many bags! :) Happy knitting!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Rissa said...

My "Friends" always has the same boring bag. My favorite one is from highschool if you can imagine that! It is big and has a square flat bottom. :-D

8:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Stripey fun socks!!

Heh, I hear ya on the bags - I am weak before them...

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home