Sunday, May 07, 2006

Stash Enchancement at the MDS&W

I survived the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Quite honestly, I don't think I could have survived a second day, so it's probably a good thing it didn't work out. For those of you who have never been, here's a picture of the crowd.

It's pretty much like this throughout the festival. So, for those of us who are easily over-stimulated, it was a quite over-stimulating day. I was really tired by the time I reached the blogging meet-up at 1:30. I left before Wendy got there to sign copies of her book (sort of bummed about that), but I did get to meet a few other bloggers throughout the day including Melanie, Lizzy B, Shelley, and Lolly.

So what was my first stop? The Indigo Hound booth where I picked up two lovely polymer clay spindles by Halla. (As always, you can click on any of the pictures to get the larger version.)

My second stop is where I got my favorite item of the day. I had planned on picking up a Sweetheart spindle from Golding. Well, look what I got.

Not only is that a Sweetheart (at a mere .65 oz), but it has a purpleheart wood whorl. How pretty is that? He said that he only made about four of the sweethearts with the purpleheart for the show. I'm so happy that I got it. And yes, I've been using it already. Can you believe that (like the larger Goldings) it spins forever! I just cannot believe how a spindle so small can spin so long. Because the picture makes it look huge, here is another picture just for scale.

And in case you're wondering what that pink thread is, it's hand-painted cultivated silk sliver from Spirit Trail Fiberworks.

I've got some more stuff to show, but I'm still a bit worn out so the rest is going to have to wait until tomorrow! I was just too excited about the spindles and wanted to show them off!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous spindles. Glad to hear that you had a good time!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, pretty purple wood spindle! Sounds fun - looking forward to more details after you recover. :)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I love that spindle!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a crowd! Looks like you found some good stuff though. I want to see what else came home with you!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely spindle! I'm also looking forward to see the rest of your loot!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

what a nice spindle....now you get to spin lace weight everywhere...whooooot!!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home