Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sock Lady and Music

More sock yarn:

In case you're wondering, I didn't break my Yarn Focus Challenge. This is part of my order from The Knitter.com from my April free day. I'm still waiting on one more thing, so it's sort of good to have things on back order; it's new yarn, but I didn't have to fall off the wagon as Lizzy B put it. I love the color and had originally planned to make myself something lacy with it, but now I'm leaning more towards making my girls (who love pink) socks instead. I will probably wait until closer to winter though because their feet grow so fast.

An update on the annoying I-Want-Socks woman. She said something to me in passing last week and I ignored it since she was going out the door. Today, she was sitting right beside me and we talked for a minute. Since she had a book, I pulled out my DH's mp3 player and put the headphones on. Only after it was established that I wouldn't be talking anymore did I pull out my mother's socks. I swear I think she started to say something, but my attention was on the kids' class. Yes, I realize I am a coward for not telling her what she can do with her "I want socks". I can't help it; I'm non-confrontational. On the plus side, I did get to listen to the new CD that my DH gifted me for Mom's Day.

Speaking of music, any suggestions for me? I'm not really big on much of today's music. I listen to a lot of classical, but two "current" artists I really like are Norah Jones and KT Tunstall (my new CD). So, if you have a similar artist you'd like to recommend, I'd appreciate it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's pink! Have you ever heard Diana Krall? She reminds me of Norah Jones - mellow and jazzy. My boss gave me her CD for Christmas and I kind of like it.
Dorothy
http://missouristar.typepad.com
dswaite@mac.com

7:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Do you listen to the old classic jazz stuff? I love Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James...

8:12 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I fell off the wagon in a BIG way yesterday! Luckily, I still had my May free day :) And I was foolish enough to think I wouldn't use my free days all the way thru...HA!

Love the pink!

Music: John Mayer, James Blunt and Enya's "best of" are my current favs

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally non confrontational too, I would have done the same thing. I'm trying to be better about standing up for myself, but it doesn't come easily for me.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cassandra Wilson- she is a jazz singer with an incredibly smooth voice. Go check her out.

I love the pink sock yarn by the way- it is SO PINK! Anything that is pink is awesome.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lorette said...

Your Opal socks are just gorgeous! I love that color combo.
I had somebody ask me this week if I would knit them something lacey. This was a woman I hardly know, when I said "no" rather emphatically, she looked very put out. Oh well. Maybe she got the point.
On the music front, have you heard of Eva Cassidy? Beautiful voice, jazz style, unfortunately no longer alive. My other latest favorites are Karrin Allyson, Jane Monheit, and Madeleine Peyroux.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home