Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day and a Little Knitting

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! (And for those of you aren't moms, take a day for yourself anyway!)

Okay, I've obviously already used my free yarn/roving day for the month. So, what do I do? I buy fabric, of course. (See the loophole, Rebekah? There's fabric, beads, tons of other craft stuff to buy. I'm hopeless...) Unfortunately, none of the pictures really turned out, but I got some brown silk duponi, tan silk, black silk velvet and a pretty dark grey silk. All are remnants and they are destined for miniatures. I hope to get the Fimo out and work on some more dolls sometime this week. (See Anna.)

I've also been doing a bit of knitting. One Opal sock is finished. Not before my mother left, but the pair will be done in time for her birthday. Color is a little more accurate in this picture. It's a bit overcast today.

I've also been working on lace a little bit. The Moon Dance Stole from Melanie. I got to meet her at the S&W and it inspired me to work a bit more on it. I do need to spin a little bit more of the merino/angora blend, probably only about 200 yards or so, so that shouldn't take too long.

The color is actually fairly accurate, it's muted black with a bit of red in it, so it does have a brownish hue on screen. The pattern is well written and easy to follow. I haven't had a problem with it.

The silk spinning is going well. Great stuff to work with, but that's for another day (when it's not overcast and I can get decent pictures).

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a total sucker for this maroon shade (like you, I suspect!). The stole is beautiful, and someday I hope to spin my own laceweight to knit a stole.... And happy mother's day to you!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that stole is jsut beautiful, and you spun all that laceweight! I'm no good at spinning laceweight, makes me sad.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is turning out beautifully -- doubly amazing that you spun the yarn yourself!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Moon Dance is really looking great and I'm glad you're enjoying it! Pretty sock too.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Both your sock and stole are looking lovely!

8:10 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

ooooooh the stole is knitting up nicely. Beautiful hand spun yarn, it's perfect for it.

3:43 PM  
Blogger MaryMGlynn said...

Oh my goodness you work is amazing! Very pretty! Will visit here often!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home