Thursday, June 01, 2006

Spindle Explosion

It all started with one spindle, just one. I bought one Golding spindle at the 2005 Maryland Sheep and Wool. And it was the only spindle I owned for an entire year. I ended up getting a wheel and neglecting my poor spindle. Then came this year's Sheep and Wool Festival. I got another Golding, and I got two Halla spindles. And guess what came this afternoon? Two Bosworths.

Aren't they pretty? The one on the left is paduk wood and the one on the right is purpleheart wood. Both are featherweight and weigh around .5 ounces each. They came with a wool sample already attached and ready to spin and they spin beautifully! I've separated the lovely bamboo top from Maryland into little strips all ready to spin. So much for finishing the Austermann sock and getting started on my Trek With Me socks.

7 Comments:

Blogger LadyV said...

Such pretty spindles. I expecially like the Halla's, those are new to me.

Enjoy your spindling time, the socks will patiently wait for you :-)

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes they are very pretty.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

My first spindle arrived over the weekend, and I love it! Don't even remind me about the Trek Along! I have 1 1/3 socks to finish before I can even think about starting my Trekking ones. Then there's the Amazing Lace, and learning to spin....there just isn't enough time.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh you lucky, lucky woman! Enjoy, they are beautiful!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fun! If you ever want to talk spindles, Kerry is an expert.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh they are pretty. I also have a Jaywalker to finish before I can start my Trekking sock. I'm doing everything else but. Ugh

6:30 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

pretty, pretty!

too hot for wool socks anyway...hehe...

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home