Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Not Quite Trek-Along

Well, it's not quite made out of Trekking, but it's a sock and it went hiking with me yesterday. When I took the sock and camera out of my backpack, my husband merely rolled his eyes and called me a yarn geek. This is the second sock from the Austermann Step and I'm working on the heel flap. As soon as I finish this sock, I'll start some socks in the pastel Trekking on the left. It's my last skein of Trekking, so I'll definitely need to order a bit more on my June free day (which very likely will be the first or second day of June as there's a bit of yarn I do actually need! And a little that I just really want.)

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Stepping Out with Austermann Step? :) It looks great!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only yarn geeks think can say that we really need yarn and mean it. Raise your hand if you are a yarn geek. I know I'm one! For sure.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about taking my sock walking with me today, but it's 86 degrees and I'd have to forego taking my water bottle then, which would leave me prone to a heat stroke, so I guess the sock is staying at the office instead of the water. Hmmm, wonder if I could get my water bottle in my sock carrier?

1:00 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

When it comes to yarn, I find want and need are much the same thing!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Step now, Trek later. OF COURSE you're a yarn geek! Hubster is just noticing NOW???? :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

That's a great sock no matter what. If it went trekking with you that has to count for something, too! Go Yarn Geeks!

My sock projects go everywhere I go, too. You never know when you'll get a chance to knit a bit!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sock is already so gorgeous! Austermann sure produces great (sock) yarns - it's not the cheapest, at least over here, but the results are definitely worth it!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I affirm your yarn-geekness. I was at lunch the other day with my colleagues looking over some patterns and a male colleague asked me about what I was knitting next and I launched into this whole yarn geek discussion about what I was making next and he just gently smiled and nodded.

I guess I'm lucky they tolerate me... go Yarn Geeks!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn geek.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, trekking, well almost trekkinig. I've got to get on the ball with mine. These darn Jaywalkers!!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home