Friday, June 16, 2006

As Promised

Actual knitting content! I really haven't been knitting a lot this week. I'm just now getting to the gusset of the first sock.

I'm really loving this colorway. It's just nice and subtle and I'm really thinking I need some more of this particular colorway. Usually, I just take a colorway, make one pair with it and move on to the next, but this one speaks to me. (I also need to get some more Lorna's Laces Black Purl. I LOVE that color!)

Don't you hate when you can't get a decent shot of something so gorgeous that you just want to show the world? This was the best shot out of about 15 (thank goodness for digital cameras!) and it still doesn't do it justice. It's the swatch for Trellis Scarf in that gorgeous purple cashmere. I love this stuff; I think I might actually save it for Project Spectrum's July.

I think it's going to be a lovely Trellis Scarf.

Julie's doing well. She's sleeping quite a bit and is on pain meds and antibiotics, but she seems to be getting around okay and going up and down steps, slowly but surely. Thank you again for all the well wishes!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I made my Trellis out of cashmere and I LOVE it! it's a great pattern! I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in the slightly variegated yarn.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Julie's doing well.

Trellis is beautiful as well as the sock.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that Julie is on the mend.

The sock is GORGEOUS- it looks so soft and lovely. The purple cashmere also looks wonderful.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad to hear about Julie!!

Oh, your trellis scarf is going to be great - are you going to be able to hold out until July???

8:17 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

The sock is so pretty, very feminine and delicate!

LOVE the Trellis cashmere!!

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty!! And look at all those fingers helping the photographer-so cute!!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

I LOVE the sock!!!! So need to start me own.....

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your sock, the stitch pattern is really pretty with that colorway!

Your Trellis swatch is gorgeous! That yarn is going to be fabulous for it.

So glad your pup is doing better!

5:47 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Yeay Julie! Good, good news.

The sock colors are delicious, and the pattern is, too!

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your trekking socks! I'm not much for pastels, but that colorway speaks to me, too. The pattern is pretty cool, too. I like the cashmere scarf as well, and I see what you mean...in person, it's probably even more delicious!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home