Thursday, July 06, 2006

Summer Spinning


Well, I finally got sick of knitting socks, for a day or two at least. I'm nearly to the heel of the second Trekking sock, but my hands were beginning to feel it. So I decided to actually try to meet some of my Summer Spinning goals. I wanted to spindle at least fifteen minutes a day and that has sort of not been working out lately. But I did get to work on some of the bamboo yesterday for a few minutes. Bamboo is a bit more slippery than wool, but less so than silk. It is very nice stuff though and seems very drapey and I can't wait to have enough for a shawl. (That shouldn't take long at all, should it? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Ohh.....pretty! I should do that. I bought a spindle and have been giving it a go, hit or miss. I get better each time I spin. I know if I set a goal like yours I would improve by leaps and bounds.

Now...silly question. What do you do when your spindle is full? I'd love to know the steps you go through from the spindle to having the yarn ready to knit with. When you get the time...of course :o)

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. I'm doing lousy on my goal for the summer spinning, although I did get quite a bit of spinning in on Tuesday and Wednesday. I have nearly 2 bobbins full of coopworth at least.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, a bamboo shawl - what a lovely thought!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you manage to spin that fine, but I'm envious. It's beautiful!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never tried spinning, but I see in the blogs that it's popular now. It must be fantastic to knit something out of your own spinned yarn!

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home