Thursday, June 29, 2006

Another Pair for the Sock Drawer

Yes, this is the eighth pair of socks that I've completed since April. It's really weird how we go through phases, isn't it? I've hardly touched lace and I've done a bit of spinning, but most of my energy has gone toward socks. Maybe it's because lace is pretty hard to do on the road because of the concentration it takes and even lace can get pretty hot sitting on your lap. (With all the rain, we've had around 90% or higher humidity for days! Ick!) Socks, though, are so very portable. They can go with me on errands and in the car (when I'm a passenger, of course) and even into the movies and I usually don't have to worry about a dropped stitch and such because it's easily repaired. And my feet are chronically cold. I wear socks indoors even in the summer because even when the rest of me is humid and hot, my feet will be cold. So lately my obsession has been nice, handknit socks. I love the different sock yarns available.

My latest pair are also my first completed pair for the Summer of Socks. They are made from some of that wonderfully soft Austermann Step yarn and of course, on size 0s. (I just love the fabric made with my 0s!) I love the broad stripes of this yarn and the little specks. Great stuff!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you have made a lot of socks! I'm impressed. Although I wear socks constantly, my feet just aren't comfortable without them on, I find my hand-knit socks are annoying my feet. I don't know why, probably fit. I guess I still haven't figured out how to make myself the perfect pair of socks.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My word. Those are beautiful, and you are indeed turning them out speedily, aren't you? I love the pattern on those socks.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

WOW!...lucky feet!

glad julie is back to her normal self :)give her a hug for us.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

90% humidity? Welcome to my world :)

Socks are lovely, you have very stylish feet Ali!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you are just cranking out the socks..... That is some fast knitting.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Another lovely pair of socks! I'm definitely going to have to get some of that Step...

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home