Saturday, July 01, 2006

Trek to the Air and Space Museum


Here's the new sock in Trekking color 109 in Slipped Rib pattern from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. These socks are for Project Spectrum, Summer of Socks and the Trek with Me. Today the sock went on a trek with us to the National Air and Space Museum out at Dulles Airport.



Here it is with a Joint Strike Fighter:

And the Space Shuttle Enterprise:

In case you are wondering, my DH helped me get the pictures, not embarrassed in the least. (Or if he was, he hid it well.)

I didn't have a problem with my knitting needles and security. The woman who checked my bag did check with her supervisor after I offered to take them back to the car, but he only asked me with a little humor, "You're not intending to use them as weapons, are you?"
"No."
"Okay, go ahead."

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee, of course, if you WERE intending to use them as weapons, you wouldn't say so! :)

Great photos - and kudos to your DH for not being embarassed.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

lovely purples, red-purples and grey, so pretty and yet subtle :)

what well-travelled socks too...hehheh

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through security. :-) I love the Trekking yarn...I think I'm going to have to try it out for my next pair.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting! The yarn is Sockotta. It's cotton, wool, and nylon (I think). I really like it a lot! BTW, glad you found your cell phone. My husband was missing his...apparently I've been walking around with it in my purse (with mine! ) for a day or two. Yikes!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I much prefer the Dulles annex to the main Air and Space Museum on the National Mall. Its so much less crowded at the Dulles one (both from people and planes). We've been about 5 times now.

6:00 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

wow, lots o socks since April! I have copleted my Trekking, and now I am loving my Austermann Step!too much fun sock yarn, thats what it is

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time! That is my dad's dream to go to the Air and space Museum.

We did see the shuttle though at Cape Canaveral.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the air and space museum- however I cannot believe they now check bags- that's wild. I remember when you could just walk in and walk out whenever you wanted...

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home