Thursday, July 13, 2006

New Knitpicks Needles!


The postman just rang the doorbell to deliver my package from Knitpicks with their new needles!

From first glance, the needles look very nice, the tips are nice and tapered and look quite as sharp as my bamboos. I have not used them yet because I had to take pictures and post as soon as they arrived, but I intend to try casting on for my Trellis Scarf with that lovely purple cashmere this afternoon to see how I like them for lace. The cables are purple, which is pretty cool and I can't wait to try them. I will definitely post as soon as I get a feel for them. If I like them, I'll probably purchase the single circular needles in sizes 0-3.

Now on to other news. I got quite a bit of knitting on the Faux Russian at the doctor's office yesterday. It shouldn't take too much longer. Now, why was I at the doctor? I had a really bad mole on my ankle that had to be surgically removed. The nurse even let me keep knitting while she was numbing the area. Let me tell you how much having something off the ankle hurts. Keep in mind there's not much skin there to begin with and him having to take a good chunk of it. (It wasn't a small mole, very speckly and nearly the size of a dime.) Ick. Thank goodness for ibuprofen. And thank goodness for my DH who went downstairs at 3am to get the ibuprofen for me when the numbness finally wore off. Anyway, if you have funny looking moles, go to the dermatologist have them checked out and wear sunscreen. Okay, off the soapbox. I'll write about the new needles soon!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mailman delivered mine today too! What lucky gals we are.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Purple cables... *twitch twitch*

I'm glad they got that mole, tho, even if it was painful! I did have a suspicious mole on my shoulder removed a few years ago - it left a weird divit, leading to my tattoo around it. :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Off with Moles! They are usually up to nothing but sometimes they are Moles gone BAD.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the knitpicks needles. You will tell all?

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home