Thursday, July 27, 2006

Trellis Scarf and Miscellaneous

The Trellis Scarf is back to where it was before frogging. No point in a picture. Just imagine the one in the previous entry without the big gaping hole. It actually didn't take too long and the cashmere is a pleasure to work with. Since it's 90 degrees every day there's really not a huge rush to finish it, so I'll just enjoy it.

The Faux Russian has been completed and it is lovely, but still has not been blocked. Oh, what the heck, here's a before picture.

I hope to get my new blocking wires today or tomorrow, so I should be able to get her blocked by the weekend. She's going to be lovely!

And while I'm forcing crappy pictures upon you, here's another. This is a little progress on the Forest Path Stole. It really is amazing how bad lace looks before the magic of blocking, isn't it?

Since I'm already rambling on, I got the stitches out yesterday and the ugly mole was fortunately benign. Now I just have an ugly scar. More ramblings, I guess we must have had a brown out last night because our power went out and not the neighbors behind us or down the road. Only those immediately around us. Of course, kids woke terrified because their night lights were out. See why I'm rambling, I didn't sleep well last night, so I probably should end and spare you more ramblings. I'll try to get better pictures when the lace is blocked.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Faux Russian stole is looking quite gorgeous even before blocking. But lace blocking - wow! It comes as close to magic as I'll ever do. Makes all the counting, frogging, whatever you have to accomplish, worth it!
Dorothy (Missouri Star)
dswaite@mac.com

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blocked my Krista Tee while home (it dried in 45 minutes in the 100+ heat) and my dad was amazed at the difference it made in the appearance of the pattern. Blocking rocks!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news about your mole! But a bummer about the scar. The tattoo I have on my upper arm is around a mole biopsy scar - I hated it, and knew I needed to change my relationship to it... hence the tattoo. Strangely, my dermatologist approved!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your rambling!! I also love that Faux Russian. Can't wait to see it all blocked. Thanks for the info on the Knit picks needles. My parents are coming for Christmas and I may ask for them.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, can't wait to see the Faux Russian blocked, it looks marvellous.

So long from Norway

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home