Monday, July 31, 2006

New Scarf

Okay, I did really like the Trellis Scarf. I thought it was turning out very pretty, but then the new Interweave had to come out and I had to see the Swallowtail Scarf. So, yes, I frogged again. And started the Swallowtail Scarf. Evelyn Clark does such lovely work, doesn't she. (She also designed the Trellis Scarf and the Landscape Shawl. I love her designs and those of Nancy Bush.) Blogger isn't cooperating with the pictures again, so I can't show you the beginnings. Someday, I'm going to switch blog hosts.

My blocking wires still aren't here. I'm getting really ticked off at the substitute mailman. At least I hope it's a substitute and not a new guy because our regular postman is decent. Always brings packages to the door, etc. The other day I was expecting a package from Amazon (The Animaniacs, anybody remember those?:) Anyway, I was expecting it to arrive Thursday, but it wasn't in the box with the rest of my mail. So, Friday morning I looked up the tracking number and it said "delivered" (the previous day). Huh? I go out to the box and there it is. It had been delivered to someone else and they had been nice enough to put it in our box. I got my Knitpicks size 3 needles on Wednesday and the blocking wires were shipped the same day. Yet, still no blocking wires. Makes me wonder what the substitute has done with them. *Sigh*

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that Swallowtail scarf on the website and went to the bookstore immediately to pick up the magazine! They didn't have it in stock yet though so I'm waiting. I'll be making it too!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The Swallowtail is lovely indeed. Hopefully those blocking wires show up today. They are sort of an odd size and shape...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

i have to take a second look at that mag !
hope your blocking wires arrive soon! :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

We have the same problem with postmen.... I have one great one who will bring everything that isn't a letter right to my door and the others won't bother. I even caught one taking my packages back to the post office because he couldn't be bothered to bring them back to me to sign for! (My house is behind the main house). Boy did I chew him out good.

The Swallowtail is beautiful and seems like it would be enjoyable to knit!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, will be knitting Swallowtail. It is lovely.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, maybe you should check his truck for knitting needles, maybe he knits on his breaks.
I totally agree with the Nancy Bush and Evelyn Clark doing great work. I just bought two Nancy Bush books. Can't wait to see your scarf. I'm so into them right now.

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swallowtail is on my to do list too, I'm waiting and waiting for the mailman too.
But I should finish some other thing first, but that's not funny....

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I love the swallowtail! Saw it tonight when I was flipping through the mag. Thinking it might be deserving of my cashmere that I've been hording so greedily. ;) AND! It looks pretty easy and quick. Ya think?

Sorry about your blocking wires, that sucks. I've had issues with my mail lady, but things seem pretty good right now. Good luck, and I hope that none of your neighbors knit, cuz you might not ever find them. heh.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home