Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend of Swatches

You'll never guess what arrived on Friday. No, it wasn't the damn blocking wires. (I know this blog is generally G-rated, but I've been waiting on the things for two weeks now.) I got the order I placed just last Tuesday. And I've already been swatching. This one is the new Amethyst Heather color of Wool of the Andes in a moss stitch. I think I might be ordering more of this for the Hex Coat from Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature. Lovely coat and lovely heathery color.

Secondly, I've been swatching with the new Gloss yarn in Concord Grape for the Wool Peddlar's Shawl from Folk Shawls.

It's a swatch, I tell you. I wouldn't start another shawl when I already have four on the needles. I wouldn't do that. Really, I wouldn't. Oh, yeah, the yarn. The yarn is really soft and nice and shiny. Lovely stuff; I think I'll have enough left over for matching socks.

Tell me something. Why is it when I'm in sock mode, I can work on just one sock at a time, finish one sock and do the second without even experiencing second sock syndrome and then do more socks, one at a time, but with lace I have to have at least two or three projects going (usually more)? I just can't stick with one lace project continuously until it's finished.

But the purple thing, it's really just a swatch. Not the beginnings of a shawl. It's not. Really.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it's really better not to lie to yourself or your public. Denial. Really, it's not a pretty sight.

I also don't appreciated knowing that Wool of the Andes will work for the Hex Coat. Especially with the new heathered colors. Don't appreciate that in the least... I'd resisted contemplating such things. Now I know. And I can't unknow such things.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice swatches, especially that oddly shaped one :-), I want to know why does Knit Picks have to keep coming out with these new tempting yarns, it's really not fair.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Very pretty sha..swatches! And I tell you that when I'm in sock mode, I usually have 3 or 4 socks going on but I usually only have 2 shawls going on at most. Go figure.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, uh, swatch. Wouldn't it have been easier to make the swatch square? Just sayin'. Can't wait to see your "swatch" completed. I used to be great at finishing pairs of socks. But lately I've been churning out single socks (3 so far - without mates). What's with that? And for the record, multiple laces on the needles sounds just fine to me!
Dorothy (Missouri Star)
dswaite@mac.com

9:26 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I love that sh... erm, SWATCH. Yeah, that's what it is... Heh.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I would consult a doctor about the shawl syndrome-I've never heard of that. ;)

3:29 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

you had me laughing..oh my...

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home