Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WIP Wednesday

I have two new WIPs to show. You didn't think I could really resist all that pretty new yarn, did you? (If you did, you really haven't been paying really close attention, have you?)

I decided to go ahead and start the Snowman vest despite the gauge swatch question. I'm making two, so if the first one is too big, the oldest'll grow into it. Too small, her little sister will get it and I start over.

The second new WIP is my Hex Coat:

These are the fronts. See the indentations in the center. Those are where the hexagons are going to go after the coat is put together.

And just so you don't think I've been neglecting Icarus, I have made a bit of progress.


So there you are, the WIPs that were worked on in the past week.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That west looks fine, I love blue colours.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

The little snowmen vests are going to be darling. I think I'm going to order the pattern and eventually make one for me. I work for a pediatric dentist, so cute things like that are always in style. But would you quit showing Icarus - it just makes me want to cast on!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how your Hex Coat is going to turn out. Gotta give us modeled pictures of that one! Yeah! Another project I can harass you about now that Madli is off the needles.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you get the time for all this!! You are one fast knitter and juggle so many different kinds of projects. Icarus is looking gorgeous. As for Hex coat, you've seen all the complaints across blogs about the errata in that book, haven't you? Hope yours is relatively headache-free.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

it's wednesday all ready?!

your making some great progress on all your projects! i wish i could say the same!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Happiness is new projects! Way to go, Ali!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm too scared to look my WIP's in the face. Right now I've decided to do one project at a time for a while, and see if I can make any kind of progress on something.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That's all I can say for the time being, I'm stunned! This vest is going to become a real beauty, I so love the pattern - it does look pretty complicated though - and I'm way impressed on how evenly and neat you're knitting! And I'm so curious to see how the Hex Coat is going to look! Great work on Icarus too - you're knitting at lightning speed it seems!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, you've been busy! The hex coat is intriguing, to say the least.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pink Icarus- LOVE IT! (I'm all for bright hand-knits0

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home