Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WIP Wednesday

With a lot of blog talk lately on WIPs, like how many you have, I bring you a new feature here on Alianne Knits - WIP Wednesday where I show you a few of my works in progress. Maybe it will keep me from forgetting about some WIPs for new projects. Madli is somewhat close to being finished, so I'll save her picture until she's all nicely blocked out, hopefully sometime next week before we leave on vacation.

First, I begin with the Wool Peddlar's Swatch, um, Shawl. I have about 65 of 110 garter stitch rows done, then I do the lace edging.

I love the color and I think the finished shawl will be lovely and will certainly be heavier than my usual shawls are.

Next is the Forest Path Stole. This entrelac project is really quite amazing, but each little rectangle seems to take quite a while.

It is really hard to see the separate blocks right now, but trust me when I tell you the finished project is just gorgeous. Check out blogless Karen's on Margene's blog. In case you are wondering, though I may need them at times, no, I don't have multiple hands. Just nice little helpers because Mom's too lazy to find the pins to pin the WIP out. (Are you seeing a "lazy" theme here lately?)

Show me your WIPs!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What yarn are you using for the Forest Path Shawl? It looks lovely!

10:31 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

i like your wip wednesday idea. and that entrelac shawl is gorgeous.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I've been aching to start the Forest Path Stole, but other projects seem to keep pushing it to the back burner. Yours is simply gorgeous. Thanks for reminding me how lovely it is.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oh wow... I bow to the Goddess of Lace! I lovelovelove that purple - and where would we be without the magnificent Folk Shawls??

4:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, it's a WIP - you don't have to pin until you block!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger nat said...

Both look like they're going to be gorgeous! :)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Forest Path Stole is one of my earliest web discoveries back in 2003. And the yarn for it is my very first online purchase. Sadly, this shawl requires so much attention I couldn't knit it now. Yours looks terrific so far and I'm sure it'll look magnificent when done.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have some really pretty WIPs - I love them both, but especially the Forest Path Shawl - this one's going to look so gorgeous!

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Forest Path Shawl is something else, and you know having a heavier shawl is a good thing (at least in my opinion- they often work well for over-air-conditioned libraries)

About how long did the Swallowtail shawl take you? I finally have gotten my copy of IK and am thinking of making one....

2:48 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

both shawls look wonderful! i applaude you for making through all that garter stitch! i'm totally loving the forest path shawl.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing that I'm now working and have less time to knit, I love your WIP Wednesday idea! I'm going to try for it for next week. It may end up being WIP Thursday but we'll see. :)

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home