Friday, August 18, 2006

I won't insult your intelligence by pretending that this is a swatch. You know what it is. It's the beginnings of yet another shawl.

It's Icarus in that lovely alpaca silk from Webs. I've been wanting to do this shawl since I got the magazine and I really wanted to see how I was going to like it in the pink. That's all. I'm very close to finishing Madli (I keep saying that, don't I?) and the Wool Peddlar's Shawl won't take long at all. I accept that the Forest Path will take forever, so that's sort of an ongoing thing. I will not work on Icarus any more until Madli and WPS are done. And the yarn I have coming from Knit Picks? Well, only some of that is for me, really. I've got to get started on Christmas presents, don't I? And I need something non-lace to work on. Okay, so maybe I am insulting your intelligence just a little, but Icarus is on hold until Madli is finished.

9 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Don't beat yourself up too much over starting a new project. This is a hobby! Not a job!

That is really gorgeous yarn too. I can see why you had such a hard time resisting it.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good start! Did you end up unplying the alpaca silk, or using it as it came?

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you've got WIPitis bad. Don't fight it, just go with it. That yarn is such a pretty color!

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love the Icarus pattern, and with that lovely color you chose this is going to be a most amazing shawl!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful colour on your Icarus, mine lays very good on the sofa still, I knit a bit now and then.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, hope I am included in the Christmas presents that you will be working on soon. Mom

6:30 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, that's going to take a lot of willpower, to put Icarus aside. Can you do it?!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Tonni said...

We'll see if you have holding power! It is very hard NOT to start a new lace project with all the pretty patterns out there. That is such a pinky pink icarus - it should be lovely. Did you see the Rose of England knitalong that someone has starting on Sept. 9th? That's a beautiful project. I'm not sure i'll be doing this one, but I will be watching for the finished pictures. Here's the link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROEKAL/

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we've heard that one before (usually from yours truly!). I've been eyeing the Icarus. It didn't impress me that much in the magazine, but seeing everyone's FO's has given me a new appreciation for it. And the Swallowtail is gorgeous - you do such lovely work!
Dorothy (Missouri Star)
dswaite@mac.com

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home