Sunday, August 20, 2006

I'm on a Roll

I can now work on Icarus a bit more. Madli is finished, nupps and all! I finished her a bit before midnight Friday. (Guess what I worked on yesterday? I'll show progress on Icarus on WIP Wednesday. And maybe a new WIP if I get my yarn.) Anyway, here she is:

Specs:
Pattern: Madli's Shawl from Interweave Knits, Summer 2004
Needles: Size 5
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow in Jewels
Size: 19" X 62"

Let me just say that this picture was the best one out of about twenty and it still doesn't do justice to this stole. The detail is really pretty and the Shadow yarn has bits of purple that just don't show up. You can sort of see the nupps in the close-up, but the texture in the stole is so nice.

And being modeled by Lily Brown Bear.

Although I did enjoy this stole, the nupps got to me after a while. I'm glad that I finally finished her though! I'm very happy with the finished product. Might be a while before I attempt nupps again though. (There are only a few in Forest Path, so that shouldn't get to me too much.)

20 Comments:

Blogger Jinann said...

Wow! How absolutely GORGEOUS!

11:09 AM  
Blogger nat said...

So pretty! I love the color. :)

11:19 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

beautiful...

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how gorgeous it looks, you did such a great job with it! This stole's a true beauty with all these lovely details and in this great color! Congrats on finishing it!!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Absolutely lovely.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is just simply and magnificently, beautiful...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow. More inspiration for me! I wish I could start all these at once. You amaze me!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

So lovely. And the nupps completely make the stole.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I think I have to stop working to reach everything I want to do.Why does the day and night only have 12 hour each......

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it! It's fantastic! You are an awesome lace knitter, darlin'.
You got me drooling over this pattern too.

6:47 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

that stole is STUNNING!

8:15 PM  
Blogger knitbysue said...

Beautiful stole. How did you like the Shadow yarn ?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Wow - absolutely gorgeous! And I agree about the nupps. I really want to do Fiddlesticks Lily of the Valley stole, but after Madli and 5 Estonian scarves, it will be a long, long time before I do nupps again.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

very very pretty!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Tonni said...

I'm with you on the nupps driving you batty... the finished product sure does make it worthwhile, doesn't it? Just gorgeous!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's stunning! I'm looking forard to seeing your Icarus, too. :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Very beautiful. Makes my tiny nupp undertaking (Swallowtail Shawl) seem puny. Now I don't have any excuse for my behavior - need to suck it up and get it done!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow- I love the color and it looks amazing!!!!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Just catching up with my reading. Your recent lace shawls and stoles are breathtaking. How beautiful!

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home