Monday, July 29, 2013

Lovely New Fiber!

So, I've had a woven shawl idea rolling around in my head the past couple of weeks and I came across this lovely fiber on Etsy:















It's merino-tencel in the colorway "Cabbage Rose" from JunePryceFiberArts. I got two braids of it and I think it's going to be perfect.

While I was over there I also came away with this:

Also merino-tencel, colorway "Film Noir" (love that colorway name!). This one I think I may spin to maintain the gradiation (probably using chain ply) to knit into a scarf, possibly also a hat. A friend thought it would be very pretty with a brightly-colored wool coat. And it would, but since I only have a black winter coat (for now), I think I'll have to be monochromatic.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors.
Love the pinks.
Mom

6:05 PM  
Blogger DFWKnitter said...

I really love that Cabbage Rose! Dusty pinks are really beautiful - can't wait to see it spun up!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home