Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Long Time

Yeah, I'm not even going to pretend that I'm going to start back posting regularly. Honestly, life gets in the way, but I'd like to show some things I've finished. And this isn't everything, so who knows, maybe I'll get around to showing the rest of it soon.

I have absolutely no knitted objects to show today, though I did finish a lovely merino and angora Sahara back during the winter. Hopefully, I'll get some pictures of that soon. (But that involves getting the dressmaker's dummy out, so I'll save that for some sewing pictures as well. I have a skirt and a couple of tees to show.) I haven't done much knitting since, but quite a bit of weaving and sewing.

Today is all weaving. After having the loom for nearly three years, I finally convinced my husband that it really needed to be upstairs instead of in the basement. I absolutely love having it upstairs. It takes up half the library, but I've gotten so much more use out of it, and there is a ton of natural light, especially in the afternoon/evenings.

So, let's see if I can remember how to post some pictures :-)

I did a set of towels. The pattern is from Weaver's Craft Issue 17. (Weaver's Craft is a wonderful magazine put out by Jean Scorgie. Lots of wonderful information for weavers in there and absolutely no advertisements!) The towels have twill stripes, and the white background is in basketweave. I used shades of earthtones for the wider stripes and mauve/rose for the narrower ones.

I've also done some snack mats, patter in Weaver's Craft Issue 11. They are done similarly to doubleweave; they're double thick and make nice little mini-placemats.

I used the lightest of the earthtones and the mauve for the warp (vertical threads) and different colors for the wefts (horizontal threads) - starting at the upper left and going clockwise, I used natural/white, the medium brown, the mauve and the same light brown in the warp.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rebekah said...

Those are beautiful! I love the snack mats especially. I forget, what type of loom do you have?

12:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's just good to hear from you, on whatever schedule (or not) works for you!

2:11 PM  
Blogger jody said...

What fun to have a surprise post from you! Your weaving is lovely and it's very nice to hear from you.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home