Monday, February 15, 2010

Cabin Fever Craftiness


Well, I've now gotten out of the house, but we were trapped inside for a few days. As I didn't want to put the kids in front of the TV for the whole time (we were lucky to keep our electricity!), we did some crafty projects. The ideas came from the book Felt Sweets. I ended up making a cupcake and a piece of chocolate. These items are made from craft felt and stuffing; the book includes patterns that you can either copy or trace and they're pretty easy to make up.

I will have knitting to show very soon. Alas, the purse isn't nearly finished because after shoveling so much snow last week, fatigue seriously set in and I didn't want to risk messing up because of severe lack of concentration. But, I did work on a pair of simple stockinette socks and I'm now to the toe, so I should be finished soon.

So meanwhile, take a look at some of the visitors to the seed we've put out. Cute little bluebirds. We've also had plenty of sparrows and finches, but also a couple of mourning doves (beautiful birds) and some cute little juncos.

And lastly, beware the icicles of death!

Always look up during winter. We've had some seriously big icicles this year.

As always, click on the pictures for bigger ones.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Glad you're finally free of the house! Cabin fever exists...

Pretty birds!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I could use some cabin fever. I'd love to get stuck inside. But alas, we never get snow it always passes us up.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home