Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lamy Pens


I will show knitting soon. I'm just disenchanted with the whole intarsia thing right now. So, I'll show a few of my pens. As I said the other day, yes, fountain pens are still being made. There are lots to choose from. Lots of styles, lots of colors, and lots of prices. Lamy is a German company that seems to make a pretty good fountain pen for a very fair price. Hence, my owning four - two are "Al-Star" made from aluminum and two are "Safari" made from plastic. Two have fine points and two extra fine (you can also get medium, broad, and italic nibs; I have an italic, or calligraphy, nib on the way). These pens use cartridges or a converter so that you can use bottled ink (which comes in tons of colors!); you can see how much ink you have left in the little ink window.

Yes, I sound like an advertisement for Lamy pens, but I really do like them. Nice pens that write well. The pink one was my very first fountain pen and it has been a slippery slope. (Sort of like that first skein of really nice, alpaca yarn; you just have to have more :-) The pink currently has a beautiful pink color in it called Bouquet D'Antan and the red pen has Midnight Blues ink. (The other two are empty at the moment.) I have more pens and inks, but I wouldn't want to overload you in one post.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, they are gorgeous! Hmm. *makes some notes*

11:26 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Ah, another Lamy devotee...I imagine you may well be adding some pens by different manufacturers soon...Waterman, Pelikan, Sheaffer, Namiki...so many pens, so much ink, so little time!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

My husband loves fountain pens; thank you for the heads-up!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The St. Louis Arch sells fountain pens and ink (very inexpensive and cheaply made)...but what I love is they sell the wax seaing set too. I just think it'd be so cool to get a letter with a wax seal as in the victorian era. Very romantic.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home