Saturday, October 31, 2009

MIA ... again.

I keep meaning to blog, but there's really been nothing to blog about since there hasn't been much knitting going on here. October's always a low-knitting month due to the whole Halloween costume thing. I make the kids' costumes most years (basically, the years I can't convince them to wear last years'). So, anyway, they're finally done and I've finally cast on for a new project.

No, really, there's nothing in the unfinished object basket waiting. Okay, maybe a couple of things, but I treated myself to something anyway. Knitpicks has these cool new bag kits using their Palette yarns - East Meets West. Guess which colorway I chose. Yes, of course, the purple. You didn't really have to think all that hard about that one, did you? (Although, honestly, I do like all of the colorways.) Look at all the yarn that came yesterday:


In case anyone is bored enough to actually count, there are only 20 balls in the picture because I've cast on with the other one:

450 stitches I had to cast on! Here's hoping I didn't twist them when I joined. Do you know how hard it is to not twist 450 stitches?

I understand from people on Ravelry that there is a LOT of yarn leftover from this project. I'm looking forward to playing with the leftovers to make some Fair Isle gloves and such.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Pretty yarn! And good luck on the not twisting... *crosses fingers for you*

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty yarn. Do I get a new purse also?

2:04 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

450 sts? Yowzah! /fingers crossed that they're not twisted. although i do have every confidence in your skill. :)

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home