Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Still here

It is pretty hard to keep a knitting blog when there hasn't been a lot of knitting going on. I have done about 2 rows on my Kimono Top in the last week and a few rounds on the Longbourn socks, both done at the weekly knitting get-together.

So what have I been doing besides knitting? I've been walking a lot more. Big dogs are really good exercise programs. I've been working on a cross-stitch project that I started a couple of years ago. Here's a picture of the kit. I have the shawl done and most of the top of the dress. I'm working on the bottom of the dress now.

I've also been drawing a bit. I used to draw some and I am sort of decent at it, but I've only been sketching a little bit. I got a new book on painting fairies and mermaids and I've been wanting to work on my drawing skills a bit, possibly working up to watercolors. I've been sketching hands and faces and butterfly wings. (I may post some pictures as soon as I get some. Lighting is awful today.)

I had originally wanted to finish the Kimono Top for the Sheep and Wool (less than two weeks now!), but it's probably not going to happen. Too much else has sidetracked me. Anyone else have way too many competing interests?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - you might notice that there's not a lot of knitting on my blog, either. I'm very glad that when I picked a name for my blog, I didn't tie myself down to knitting too tightly!

But it sounds like you're doing lots of interesting things, knitting or no. :)

10:12 AM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

Lots of things to interest you is a good thing! Go ahead and blog about it, we don't mind. ;o)

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be going around blog land.. my blogging has been a little sparse lately as well!

Don't worry, we are still here and ready to read what ever you do blog about!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

i don't really blog much about knitting these days either. spinning and wirework have definitely taken over lately. :)

i say, blog about what makes you happy!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

I doubt there will be much knitting content but I'm still working on the bedspread for the next 2 years.

So, I just talk about whatever is interesting to my brain at the moment.

Oh and my pets.

And I'm happy to read anything and everything from my blog friends! So write away, knitting content, or not.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

There are no Knitting Blog Police! Heh.

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Vee said...

competing interest? You and I both could start a blog with that title :-) I have a couple of cross stitch projects that I'm working on in between finishing the gansey scarf and the bath towels that I'm weaving (face cloths will be off the loom this weekend)...Hope you enjoyed the festival.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ungowa. Update blog.
-- Thag.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home