Monday, March 09, 2009

Spinning

I finally got some spinning done. I've been working on a Grafton batt (just scroll down to "C" for "Corriedale") I got a couple of years ago at the Maryland Sheep and Wool (only two more months until this year's!). So, I got around to plying some of it. There's a dime there to show how thin. (You can click on the picture to make bigger.)

It's definitely a laceweight and had turned out very dark pink with hints of black and purple. What I've done here is about 320 yards of laceweight and I have lots more left to spin. I should definitely have enough for at least a triangular shawl when it's all spun and plied.

I finally finished warping for my scarf, but I'm being to think the darn thing's cursed. You may remember I've already had a warp thread break on me. Well, I finally finished warping and started weaving on it this weekend. About an inch into it, I thought it looked a little funny in one area. I realized one of the warp threads wasn't going up and down. Okay, why not? My scarf is supposed to be worked on four shafts and the threading goes shaft 1, 2, 3, 4. Well, in this one area, I ended up somehow threading it 1, 2, 4, 5. So, of course, shaft 5 wasn't supposed to be used, so it wasn't going up and down and the 4 was supposed to be on 3. *Sigh* I think know how to fix it without having to rethread the whole darn thing. It's just frustrating because I'd doubled-checked that I had threaded everything correctly. Darned perfectionist streak.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that is a gorgeous colorway! Does it make you smile to spin it?

9:34 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

what a gorgeous yarn you've got going on! do you have any ideas on what pattern you're going to use for it?

i'm so sorry to hear of your weaving woes. that sounds terribly frustrating.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's crazy thin yarn! I love it!!!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My poor spinning wheel has forgotten I exist. Sigh. I really need to make time for it.

Your spinning looks beautiful!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the colour. I can't wait to see what gorgeous item you'll turn it into.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home