Tuesday, May 08, 2007

ABCs of Maryland Sheep and Wool

Alpaca:


Bunny:


Corriedale:

(For the record, this picture is nowhere near accurate. I took lots of pictures and tried to color correct, but this is such a rich roving that I just couldn't get anywhere near. Purples, red and blacks all blended together. Absolutely gorgeous stuff.)

Day trip
Enabling (yes, I did help enable a few random strangers as well as my friend)
Fibery goodness:

This fibery goodness is from Carolina Homespun. The ones on the left are merino and the two on the right are merino and silk.

Golding
:

(La Fleur in Purpleheart at a mere .5 oz)
Hay - lots of the stuff around for the animals
Interweave Press - since they are always there and I subscribe to several of their magazines (Piecework, Knits, Beadwork, and Spin-Off)
Joy, Ashford
Kettle corn and kids
Lambs, llamas,
Merino, Maryland
Navajo plying
Overwhelming as always. Tons of people, tons of fiber.
Purples and pinks! I decided to give up this year after last year swearing I wouldn't come home with anything pink and ending up with EVERYTHING being either pink and/or purple. Why fight a good thing?
Qiviut - okay, I didn't actually see any of this fiber there, but there had to be, right?
Rovings
Socks that Rock:

Yes, I joined in the madness that is STR (it was our first stop and there was already a line at 8:30) and scored my first two skeins of the stuff in "Romancing the Stone" and "Chapman Springs". So soft - I think I'll be ordering more :-)
Textiles
Ultimate spinner's heaven
Vendors
Wheels and weaving
X (I'm stumped. Just can't come up with anything for X)
Yarn (believe it or not, it actually took me a while to come up with that one. Sad, I know.)
Zzzz - I was tired after all that!

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love how you did your report!! Very fun.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, there were no xylophones there? Haha!

Love the corriedale batt you got!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X-citing? x-travaganza?

heehee

8:45 AM  
Blogger Prachi said...

Wow, this year's item seems to have been the STR. I guess so many socks accidentally felting hasn't kept people away. Are they really that good when worn?
Was Alexix Xenakis there? That could have been your X!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Sounds fantastic! Clever presentation. Consider submitting for Yarnival! :-)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

What gorgeous stuff! I adore the Corriedale batt! It must be so much more gorgeous in person though.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Excellent post! I'm glad you had such a good time. The corriedale batt colors look awesome. If I gave up on pink and purple, over half my stash would be gone! Long live the P colors (periwinkles another good one in my book)!

7:56 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Oh, oh, oh!! It all looks fabulous!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love your report, what great pictures. I'm so stinking jealous!

3:34 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Pink, always a good color!

I love how you gave your report, heeeeeee.

4:07 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

x- xhausted ;-)

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home