Wednesday, May 02, 2007

WIP Wednesday

The A-line skirt is just about done:

It's now off the blocking board and I've woven ribbon through the lace of one half. Today, I hope to weave the rest and do the embroidery; maybe I'll even get it sewn up today. I hope it's going to fit well. After having the tank fit so perfectly, I'm wondering if I should make a yarn sacrifice to the knitting gods now.

My other project that is actually seeing some progress is the Bonsai Tunic from the current issue of Interweave Knits:

It's overcast, so it's really impossible to capture the yarn well. It has little shiny bits in it and you can't tell that from the picture. And the color should actually have just a smidgen more grey. It's really pretty though.

I actually dreamed about the Sheep and Wool festival the night before last. I was trying to find the Golding booth, as if I didn't know exactly where it is. You think my subconscious is trying to tell me that I really need another Golding?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Maybe your subconscious was telling you you DON'T need another one! :)

*crosses fingers re the knitting gods*

The Bonsai already looks cool!

9:35 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Chris told me not to mug you for your skirt, but you know what? I'm sorry. Hand it over!!! Lol. It's gorgeous!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That skirt is gorgeous. Have fun at MSW. I'm so jealous I'm not going this year.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love how the Bonsai is knitting up. And who cares if you don't need another Golding. You could be a Golding collector. There's nothing wrong with that, they make great decorations as well as being totally utilitarian. ;-)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I love the skirt! I'm sure it will fit, and your post is plenty humble so as not to attract the ire of the knitting gods.

Bonsai looks very cool.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That skirt is just stunning Alison, I can't wait for the modeling shot!!

9:27 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Beautiful skirt and beautiful main color. Well the contrast ain't bad either. Have fun at the MWS and go ahead and get that Golding. I'm getting another one for lace. But I have to have mine sent to me, pony express.

2:32 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

i'm looking forward to seeing that skirt too.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home