Monday, April 23, 2007

Boring Post, Just Move Right Along

Well, I had hoped to have my tank finished this weekend, but didn't quite make it. I'm about two-thirds of the way done with the back. So I thought I'd show you a little something cool:

I know, you're thinking, they're just plain old white plastic pony beads. What's so special about those? Well, these are special. Take another look:

That's what these plain white beads look like in the sun. They are ultraviolet detecting beads that the kids got at the Adler planetarium in Chicago, but you can google "UV beads" and find several science teacher sources for them. They're pretty pale or white indoors, but when exposed to sun or other UV source, they change colors.

I know, it's not knitting, but pretty cool, huh? As for other things (like why I didn't do a lot of knitting this weekend), my basement craft studio is actually progressing. I have a nice-sized bookshelf for all my crafting books and I have two shelves, one of which is put together and has stuff on it. The one shelf will hold most of the non-knitting related items (i.e., polymer clay, beads, paints, fabrics, ribbons) and the other shelf will probably hold most of my stash. I'll have a work table with good lighting and I need to find a comfy working chair. Most of my knitting will probably still be done on the couch upstairs while watching bad TV, but this area will be for some polymer clay work.

See, I was honest about the title, so you can't say you weren't warned. But if you've stuck with me this long anyway, have a good one.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Those beads are really cool!!

Organization is a good thing. Wanna do my place next? ;)

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool beads! er beans! ;o)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Cool beads! I have some mood beads like the mood rings from the 70s, but they are just temperature sensitive.

Glad you are getting your crafting area all fixed up. Mine is a disaster! I got the closet all nicely organized with a new shelving unit, and now the rest of the room has all the odds and ends stuff that I either need to find a place for or get rid of.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Cool beads! It sounds like your craft room is really coming along nicely. Mine is a disaster. I can't even speak of it.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Neat! I hadn't seen these before. I had thought mood beads at first too.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

i never knew! :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh those beads are sooo cool. That's something that I would have to have. Fun!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home