Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WIP Wednesday

It's been a while since I've actually had a WIP Wednesday, but I finally have something to show. As is probably a bit obvious, I've been very uninspired lately when it comes to my knitting. There are a few things that have been lingering OTN because they just haven't spoken to me. I picked up my Victorian Lace Today book the other day and thought I'd finally found something using the red silk, but I wasn't happy with the red silk. So I kept looking and came across something else. It's funny because I ignored this stole earlier in favor of the Hexagon Shawl and The Cap Shawl and several other more elaborate ones. But this one spoke to me the other night because of its simplicity. And you know what, I have a bit more of that wonderful alpaca silk from Webs (I LOVE that stuff!) in a wonderfully rich purple. Simple stripes of diamonds with a border.

Just a simple stole with a fairly easily memorized pattern on size 7s. I'm sure I'll complain when it comes time for the border, but right now, this is what I need.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

It's very nice - I love geometric designs.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's gorgeous! Simplicity is under rated. :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

And beautiful to boot! Win, win in my book.

9:49 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Simple lace is elegant lace!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect stole, simple and beautiful. I'm going to have to remember that pattern for that very reason. And the purple is just gorgeous, very regal.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

And the color is perfect!

10:18 AM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

Simple lace can be very beautiful, as is the case here. With such a great color too!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Sometimes simple is best! It will be a lovely shawl!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh I love it! What a gorgeous purple. So far what I love about VLT is the simplicity of a lot of it's designs. It's got such lovely geometric designs.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Very pretty! Great purple. Simplicity is very valuable. There's no fudging with simplicity, as changes in gauge or mistakes will easily show. I don't think it's always true to equate simplicity with easy.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How pretty! I LOVE the colour.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Lacefreak said...

Very pretty color and pattern! Anything that gets the mojo working is worthwhile and it's lovely to boot!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very beautiful, and of course one of my favorite colours.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home