Friday, March 16, 2007

Dear Mother Nature,

I realize that back in December when we were having 70 degree weather, I thought it was a little odd and instead of appreciating it, I was wondering where my cold weather was. I am a knitter, after all, I have some sweaters and lots of socks that wanted to be worn. And yes, quite honestly I wanted snow. So in January, we got a little snow. Then the stupid groundhog said we were having an early spring, I thought oh, well, maybe next year. A couple of weeks ago, you dumped 6 inches on us. Then last week, you teased us with promises of warm weather, daffodils springing up, crocuses blooming, my pansies budding. Then you decided to cool things off again and now, this:

Maybe you're just planning on giving a dusting, but really, it's the middle of March. The six more weeks of winter that the groundhog was supposed to predict is over even. It's Virginia; it's supposed to be spring now. Is it really too much to ask for some daffodils? Thank you.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Sometimes Mother Nature likes to do things bassackwards!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

No Fair! The people who are tired of the snow are getting a foot, and I just got a flurry.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

It's Incredibly Odd Weather Year 2007! I just hope that the summer won't be filled with searing heat and unbearable humidity.

5:10 PM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

I am more than ready for some green. Seems like we didn't get much of a break after the cold weather finally arrived.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Such an odd winter - I feel as if we got our entire winter crammed into three weeks in February and March...

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't even tell you how much snow we have now...

6:27 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

poor, alison.....but really, the weather is overtly acting up this season. spring is just round the corner!!dun give up! :)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home