Wednesday, February 21, 2007

WIP Wednesday

My progress on the Forest Path Stole:

I'm to the second rectangle on Tier 5. Coming right along.

Progress on the toe-up sock:

You may not really be able to see but that's the Oriel pattern from SKS. I think the yarn is competing with the pattern, but I sort of like it. I'm about to start the toe-up heel flap from SKS. This is the Apple Laine yarn and good news is that I don't seem to be having any allergy issues with this yarn. And that's really good because it's a heavenly yarn with wool, mohair, a little bit of silk and nylon. Really nice to work with and I think I might have to be on the lookout for when Sheri gets some more in.

What else have I been doing? Inspired by Jen, I decided to make some bread. Okay, I didn't grind my own flour (Jen's mill looks pretty cool though) and do it all by hand; I used storebought flour and dug out my bread machine, but this is what came out.

It's made with stone-ground wheat flour from Bob's Red Mill with honey for sweetener and a few slivered almonds thrown in. So much better than storebought wheat bread and I know exactly what's in it - no high fructose syrup, no white, stripped flour. I think I might try making more whole grain breads. This one turned out so good, delicious.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it looks pretty good!!! Yum!!! I use honey for sweetener too. I actually started using sage honey and sometimes tupelo honey becuase the type of sugar in them doesn't crystalize and also is gentler on blood sugar. I'm so jealous you have a bread machine! You won't want to ever go back to store bought now :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Looks like some pretty tasty bread.

I like how the sock looks, too.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

All your WIP's look great. I love baking bread. I used to bake all my own bread. When I gave my then 2 year old son store bought bread for the first time, he threw it on the floor!
dswaite@mac.com

9:40 AM  
Blogger margene said...

The shawl is such a lovely color and it's fun to watch it grow. I like the sock, too!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl - you're making great progress! I love the sockage! :o)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

That shawl is going to be a knockout when it is done.

I think the sock looks great! Makes me think of the stained glass windows in a gothic cathedral.

My husband bakes bread. I like that it makes such better toast than store brand.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh the FPS is gorgeous! My resolve to not start that baby until the Hidcote is finished is weakening.

I adore that sock! The yarn is gorgeous and even though the pattern does compete with the yarn just a smidge, it's still lovely.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

There is nothing as delish as a loaf of homemade bread! Yummy!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Looks like you are into blue! Hope that is not a reflection of mood. The shawl and sock are both beautiful, and congrats on making bread. I love the process...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

What yummy looking bread! I'm with Jen, you'll never go back to store bought. Now all you need is a grain mill.

12:57 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

i love your forest path!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home